A3 lazy load 2.4.6
A3 lazy load 2.4.6. a3 Lazy Load is a Mobile Oriented, very simple to use plugin that will speed up sites page load speed. The more content heavy your site the better the plugin will perform and the more you will see the improvements in performance. See this demo of a page with 1,000 images (yes 1,000 images) to load.
100% COMPATABLE WITH WORDPRESS 5.7
WordPress 5.5 introduced lazy loading for all images uploaded to a sites media library and 5.7 introduces Core lazy load for iframes. a3 Lazy Load Image options work side-by-side with these, but then enhances it by lazy loading all the images loaded from outside of the media library, or on older browsers that do not support the new WP attribute and any iframes or videos that are not lazy loaded by WordPress.
IMAGE LAZY LOAD
For more flexibility when ON you can choose to ON | OFF lazy load all images that are not loaded from the WordPress media Library in:
- Post, Pages and Custom Post Types (All Content areas)
- Widgets (Sidebar, header and footer)
- Apply to post thumbnails
- Apply to gravatars
Supports lazy loading of images in containers that use horizontal scroll. The admin Images options has a section where you enter the classname or ID of the container that uses horizontal scroll.
VIDEO LAZY LOAD
From the a3 lazy Load admin panel turn Video Support ON | OFF. When ON you can choose to ON | OFF lazy load for videos in
- Video embeded by URL in Post and Pages (All Content areas)
- Video in Widget types, Text Widget and HTML Widgets.
IFRAME LAZY LOAD
a3 Lazy Load has built in support for content that is added by iframe from any source in content and widgets and will lazy load any iframe that WordPress core does not load. Examples
- WordPress embedded media
- Facebook Like boxes with profiles, Like buttons, Recommend
- Google+ Profile
- Google Maps
- Fully compatible with WordPress embed post on any site feature introduced in version WP version 4.4
- Makes embed post load much faster
- Built in auto support for WordPress AMP plugin
- Built in support for Better AMP plugin
- There are no setting options for exclude /amp – Lazy Load is just never applied to the /amp endpoint
- When the url is loaded in browser without /amp Lazy Load is applied
JETPACK SITE ACCELERATOR (PHOTON)
This is an option that you turn on as the Jetpack Accelerator (Photon CDN images) has its own lazy load feature that needs to be OFF first to be able use a3 Lazy Load as your lazy Load engine. Some users prefer to use a3 Lazy Load as it applies Lazy Load to videos and iframes as well as images.
a3 Lazy Load has built in automatic support for WebP images. There are no settings for this as a3 Lazy Load will automatically detect if an image has a WebP version and lazy load the WebP version. If no WebP image exists, the appropriate jpg or png version will be lazy loaded. Also fully support browser detection of WebP.
LAZY LOAD EFFECTS
a3 Lazy Load gives you the option to lazy load images with a FADE IN or SPINNER effect
- FADEIN see demo
- SPINNER see demo
- Option to create a custom Lazy Load pre-load background colour
a3 Lazy Load gives you the option to load its script from your sites HEAD or from the FOOT.
- Note that your theme must have the wp_footer() function if you select FOOTER load.
- Note the plugin CSS is always loaded from the HEAD.
EXCLUDE IMAGES & VIDEO
a3 Lazy Load allows you to easily exclude any image or video by class name from having the Lazy Load effect applied. See FAQ’s
JAVASCIPT DISABLED FALLBACK
THEME & PLUGIN COMPATIBILITY
a3 Lazy Load works with any WordPress theme that follows the WordPress Theme Codex. However, many Theme & Plugin developers will use a custom written function to add objects, example the theme has a home page with layout created by a custom function they have written. a3 Lazy Load cannot know what these functions are and so cannot apply to the objects loaded by that custom function.
If your images or objects not being Lazy Loaded in a certain section of your site, but are Lazy Loaded everywhere else you will know this is the cause. Please if this happens raise a support ticket with the developer, explaining that they just need to add a simple tag to their custom functions so that a3 Lazy Load apply to their custom function and be fully compatible. Here is a list of a3 lazy Load filter tags to include in your ticket to make it easy for the developer.
Don’t forget when a developer does add full compatibility with a3 Lazy Load please let us know via a support ticket on this forum and we will add them to the list below.
These are just some of the more popular plugins that are either tested 100% compatible with a3 Lazy Load or tags has been added for 100% compatibility.
- Plugin – Advanced Custom Fields (Free and Premium)
- Plugin – WooCommerce
- Plugin – JetPack
- Plugin – Elementor (Free and Pro)
- Plugin – WP Offload
- Plugin – WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache, Autoptimize
- Plugin – Youtube Embed
- Plugin – WordPress AMP
- Plugin – WPTouch. Note – Set to not apply on Mobiles if WPTouch is installed
- Plugin – MobilePress – Set to not apply on Mobiles if MobilePress is installed
- WebP Plugins – Smush, EWWW Image Optimizer, Imagify, WebP Express
- Plugins – Will not conflict with any plugin that has lazy load built in
- CDN’s – JetPack Accelerator, Cloudfront, Cloudflare and all other known CDN architecture.
- Full support of jQueryMobile framework
- WordPress Multi site ready.
- Backend support for RTL display.
- Translation ready
JOIN THE A3 LAZY LOAD COMMUNITY
When you download a3 lazy Load, you join our community. Regardless of if you are a WordPress newbie or experienced developer if you are interested in contributing to a3 Lazy Load development head over to the a3 Lazy Load GitHub Repository to find out how you can contribute.
Want to add a new language to a3 Lazy Load? Great! You can contribute via translate.wordpress.org
- Install and activate the plugin
- Open WordPress Settings menu
- Click on a3 Lazy Load menu
- Turn ON Lazy Load and all preferred settings
- Save Changes and enjoy the improved performance Lazy Load will give your site